There are many bloggers on the blogosphere that decide that the time has come to monetize their site. While it is true in case of some of them that they actually earn their living from blogging, many do not achieve success, and do not earn a big income. I would like to present you with a few reasons why some bloggers fail, and what you can do to avoid making similar mistakes. Here are a few reasons that come to my mind:
1. Not having enough patience. Blogging definitely requires patience. You will not see money coming to your PayPal account immediately after establishing your new blog. It might even take weeks or months to see a steady income.
2. Breaking the rules of the program they applied for. Some bloggers get too excited about blog monetization that they start breaking the rules of the programs they joined.
3. Posting irregularly. It is a good idea to post on a regular basis. Some people might be having problems with that or simply go on holidays and leave their blog without updating.
4. Unrealistic expectations. Many bloggers heard about the success of others and tried in vain to repeat those achievements. Sometimes the success of a particular blog might be a matter of luck, or the amount of hours a person spent working on his or her blog.
5. Joining programs that are not the best for monetizing your site. Some bloggers that tried out a specific program do not bother to check other ones that could be a lot more profitable.
I hope that the list was useful to you and that it will help you to monetize your site.