Archive for December, 2009
Ever wondered how you can check if you are addicted to blogging? Here are some signs you might be:
-You check your blog stats a whenever you can. Sometimes you get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
-You suffer from “blog envy” when other bloggers posts something juicy before you do – even if they are your friends.
-You think, “I can stop at any time” and you are convinced of it.
-You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
-Your significant other suspects that you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you are alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then.
On a more serious note, let me just say that I understand how addictive blogging can be. That is because it encourages people to socialize with each other, allows them to express their creativity, and makes it possible for them to be popular. The more successful your blog is, the more addicted you are probably going to be to blogging. That is why before you start a blog, make sure you have time for it. After all, you do not want to neglect your blog. Blogging is getting more popular each year so if you never had a blog yet, perhaps now it would be a good time to set it up.
The bed is one of the most important pieces of furniture that I have in my home. I usually sleep very well and I enjoy very much my lazy Sunday mornings. I believe that it is due to the fact that my bed is really comfortable. I spent a lot of time decorating my bedroom and chose a high quality bed. I pay attention to the look of my bed. I like when the color of my bed is bright, and I especially like wooden beds. As far as I remember, I have always had a wooden bed, and I cannot imagine sleeping in any other type of bed. Did you know that there are many different types of beds? There are beds for children, storage beds, antique style beds, wooden beds, and many more. I am sure that you have a favorite type of bed yourself. Which one is it?
There are quite a few ways to monetize a blog. One way is by being an affiliate advertiser. Another good way to monetize a blog is to integrate ads. However, before you implement them, first you need to let advertisers to know that you are willing to advertise their products on your blog. Here is how you can do it:
1. Have a banner on your blog saying “Your ad here” or something similar. This way you communicate to your visitors that you are interested.
2. Offer some kind of bonuses for your advertisers. It can be like one week for free bonus, or any other that comes to your mind.
3. Consider placing only the ads that are relevant to the topic of your blog. Otherwise your visitors will be confused, and advertisers will make less money, which might cause the advertiser to stop doing business with you.
4. Keep your blog on topic. If you do not, potential advertisers might be too confused, and as a result will not consider advertising on your blog.
5. Display your website stats. If your blog has stats that are satisfactory to your expectations, show them to the public. Remember that you do not need to have very big traffic to make some money from ads. Display such numbers like Alexa rank, or geographical statistics pertaining to your visitors.
6. Have a place on your blog where you store information about yourself. Explain there briefly who you, are and why you are blogging about this particular subject.
7. Show your future advertisers where their ads could possibly appear. You can name this place “ads” or in some other way.
8. Keep your blog on a professional level. Write quality posts relevant to your main topic. This will convince your advertisers that your blog is professional enough to advertise on it.
Some time ago I was discussing the benefits of schedules post publishing. Until quite recently this feature was not available on many platforms like, for example, Blogger. Nonetheless, it seems that Blogger platform is getting better, and has more features with each passing month. Last year Blogger introduced scheduled post posting, and I am very happy about that. That is because WordPress will not be the only blogging platform with many features. The more high quality blogging platforms there are available, the better for bloggers. Of course, it is not that easy for other blogging platforms to compete with WordPress.
Schedule post publishing has many advantages, and the most apparent one is to schedule your posts when you are going on vacation, or taking a day or two off. When you are on vacation you should not be worried about your blog, and this feature will make it possible for you to be more relaxed during holidays. You will be able to schedule a post to be published before going on a vacation, and this way you will not have to worry about your blog at all. Those bloggers who use this feature are very happy that they discovered it, so perhaps you may also want to consider using it.
Creating a website for profit can be quite challenging; however, it can be a lot easier when you have some ideas. That is why I would like to present you with a few types of sites:
As I said earlier, there are no get rich quick schemes, so please treat the list I gave as ideas that you can use to get started. Each of us have different abilities, and I imagine that while some of the websites I mentioned might seem very hard to create, to a person who has the right skills these ideas will bring a lot of money. Remember that you do not have to have many different websites to earn a lot of cash. I suggest choosing one or two ideas and sticking to them.
First of all, Page Rank is Google’s ranking algorithm that calculates the importance of webpages on the Internet. In order to get a high PR, a site has to have high PR websites linking to it that are relevant to the topic of the site, and are not blacklisted by Google. The PR scale is from 0 to 10, with 3 being respectable, 6 impressive, and 10 almost impossible to achieve. It is a widely used way to determine a website’s value when deciding to buy a site, exchanging links with it, or in any other circumstances. Since it is so widely used, sometimes the consequences of being tricked by a fake PR can be drastic, like in a case of buying an expensive website. However there are ways to identify fake Page Rank, depending on circumstances:
1. Visit this PR checking tool (checkpagerank.net) to determine if the PR is valid. Among other things, it checks whether a site uses a 301 or 302 redirect that points from their site to another site with a high Pagerank. Such redirect can be used to fake a site’s PR by displaying PR of another website, instead of its own. PR displayed in toolbars is not always real, as it can be tricked by redirecting.
2. Check the number of backlinks on the smartpagerank.com site. If there are none or only few backlinks from low PR sites and the sites appears to have a high PR, it might indicate that something suspicious is going on. Use the backlinks analyzer for detailed information.
3. Check the number of indexed pages by checking out smartpagerank.com. If there are no pages it means that the domain has probably dropped/expired recently, or that it is blacklisted by Google. If there are only a few links and the site has a high PR, you should be cautious as well.
4. Use the WayBackMachine tool (archive.org/index.php) to see how the site looked like in the past. If it was a completely different website, it might mean that it recently switched owners. If the topic of the new website is different as well, there is a risk that the PR will drop. That is because Google only counts links relevant to the topic to determine PR.
Many people prefer to play online games such as poker or dominoes online without worrying that they might lose money. Fortunately, playing poker for free is possible as many casinos on the Internet offer the possibility to play poker with so-called play money. Here are some tips that will help you choose the right casino where you can play poker for free:
-Make sure that the casino that you chose offers the possibility to play poker for free. If you do not have to provide your credit card details, this will usually mean that you can play poker completely free of charge.
-Choose a poker room the interface of which you like the most. If you choose a poker room with the interface you do not like, you are very likely to stop playing in this casino.
-Make sure that the casino in which you decide to play offers fair gaming experience for those who decide to play for free.
-Follow the rules of conduct in order to avoid disappointment.
-Do not treat your gaming experience too seriously. Nothing is going to happen if you lose a game. After all, you are not going to lose any money while playing poker even if you happen to lose.
Like I often say, maintaining a high quality blog is not an easy task. In order to help you avoid some common mistakes, I would like to list some things which you should try to avoid to have a successful blog.
-Having too many ads. While ads generate income for bloggers, it is important to have ads that are not intrusive, or ones which can distract visitors from the content of your website. You do not want a scenario, where people come to your website, immediately see a distracting ad, and leave your website because of that. Whenever you place ads, think how it will affect your visitors, as ultimately they are the most important.
-Not focusing on the topic of your blog. Many people might be visiting your blog because they are interested in a certain topic like, for example, blogging. If I started writing about how I spent the New Year’s Eve my visitors would probably prefer to read what celebrities are writing about this topic. My point is that you should write about what you are considered to be an expert at. Stay focused. Naturally, sometimes you may want to write about some other topic if you feel like it, however, the majority of your posts should be about the same topic.
In the past, I listed a few types on websites can that generate money. This time I am listing some additional ideas:
I the future I will try to list some additional money making ideas.
If your blog has hundreds of posts, it is important to make sure that your readers will be able to find what they are looking for. One way to achieve it is to introduce categories. Categories can be very helpful. For example, if a blog discusses a variety of topics, but the reader is only interested in the “WordPress” category, then your reader would benefit from a list of categories. The reader is going to see all of the posts he is interested in when clicking on the “WordPress” category. Categories are especially useful if a blog covers a broad range of topics and has all types of readers. I have seen some blogs with over 30 categories. Of course, so many categories will work well with blogs which have high posting frequency. That is because you do not want to have only one or two posts in each category. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to categories: